Maunawili Falls (Hiking)
Maunawili Falls is a 2.4 mile, out and back hike located near Kailua, and runs along the base of the Koolau Mountain Range. This hike is family friendly and moderate in difficulty. This hike offers views of Kailua and Maunawili Falls. It also has a swimming hole beneath the falls! If you're feeling daring, you can jump from the falls into the swimming hole below. (This is at your own risk) This hike is a great one for the whole family and moderately easy and shaded from the sun with a nice refreshing waterfall to end on. This one tends to fill up quick so make sure you get there at a decent time. Have fun (:
How To Get There
From our main location - 1980 Kalakaua Ave
- Turn left out of Cruzin Hawaii on Kalakaua Ave
- Make slight left onto Kuhio Ave
- Make left turn on Kuamo'o St
- Make left turn on Ala Wai Blvd
- Turn right onto McCully St
- Turn right onto Kapiolani Blvd
- Turn right onto Harding Ave
- Turn left onto 10th Ave
- Turn right onto Waialea Ave
- Keep right and stay on Waialea Ave
- Merge onto HI-72
- Turn left onto HI-61 S
- Turn left onto Auloa Rd
- Continue on Maunawili Rd
A Google Maps link has been provided below for your convenience
Here are a few things to remember to make sure you have the best possible experience!
- Park on the opposite side of the bridge from the trailhead. Parking is strictly enforced and parking near the trailhead may resulting in being ticketed or towed.
- Be mindful of residence while parking in the residential area. Obey parking signs and do no block driveways.
- There are no restrooms or facilities at the trailhead. Plan accordingly
- This hike may be very wet and muddy. Good footwear (close toe hiking shoes) is highly recommended.
- This hike crosses a river multiple times. Your feet will get wet!
- Bugs may also become an issue on this hike. Bug repellent is recommended.
Where To Park
Park across the bridge from the trailhead, in the residential area. Parking is strictly enforced. Parking near trailhead could result in being ticketed or towed. Please remember to be courteous and respectful of residence as you park and make your way to the trail.
We offer several different rental items to help make your experience that much better and get you from point A to point B.
Mopeds - a moped or scooter opens the door for endless fun and our premium model can be drove all around the island ask us for more info.
Motorcycles- Require Motorcycle endorsement, we have everything from Harleys to Hondas and everything in between, check out our rentals tab to see our full list on inventory.
Bicycle or Ebikes - Great option for exercise and fun at the same time we offer pedal assist bike and regular road bikes to fit each rider.
Also check out our associated rental tab under each experience it will list our recommended rentals for each experience.
Maunawili Falls Trail
Maunawili, Hi 96734
ReviewsSign in to leave a review
Be the first to leave a review.